Sunday, August 7, 2011

Happy Friendship day


Friendship is fluid a term to me. I have had many friends who have saved my life when I sunk. I have had many who let me sink . I have forgotten many , cut off from the rest, saved a few of them and I dont interact with the remaining. I have not warmed to the idea of subscribing to friends forever and when there are clashes I flee. I have never understood why I do it and never had any remorse over the fact either. But I savour the nostalgic moments of those lost friendships and I love them that way. The memories faded over a time feels sweeter than reviving those friendships again. As WHO says I live in the past and so all my friendships are memorial stones I pay homage to.

I dedicate this day to all those souls who blessed my life, understood me, left me when I wanted to be freed, miss me and whom I miss at times. I hope to be a better friend who would not flee .

I aspire for a friendship like Calvin and Hobbes so I would end this message on a quote from them. Hilarious and thought provoking

“Why isn’t my life like a situation comedy? Why don’t I have a bunch of friends with nothing better to do but drop by and instigate wacky adventures? Why aren’t my conversations peppered with spontaneous witticisms? Why don’t my friends demonstrate heartfelt concern for my well being when I have problems? …I gotta get my life some writers.”

I guess that's what I need.

Happy friendship day :)

No comments: