Friday, October 4, 2013

Italian Cooking Class


There's good news to share with you. After three years of blogging I have decided to take the next step- of teaching cooking and I  have decided to start with Italian, something I am very passionate about. My love for Italian cuisine grew after my visit to Italy in 2010, where I was on a project for 3 months. I hadn't read Eay Pray Love then but when I read the book after I returned I felt like I was revisiting the Italian culture of gastronomy through Gilbert's book. It's one thing to eat a cuisine and another thing to learn it from imbibing the culture, I guess to me that kind of an experience happened in Italy. In Italy I learned cooking was fun, at times unorthodox and that every recipe had it's own story.

In this cooking class I will be teaching some basic Italian recipes. I will start with three basic sauces, followed by three kinds of pastas using these sauces. We will also explore a Classic Italian frittata, Aubergine Parmigiana and end the class with something Dolce- Pana Cotta
I will be providing the participants m recipe notes, the key ingredients required for basic Italian cooking and the standard equipment one must have at hand to cook Italian.

I would like to work with small groups so I am considering 10 participants for each class. The classes will be held at Doddanakundi, Bangalore on 19th and 20th of October between 10 am to 1pm.
Do mail me at teenaaugustine2002@gmail.com for further queries on registration and other related concerns. Please reserve a seat for yourself on either of these days by mailing or calling me and bring in a plastic container to take your sample dish back home.
You can also contact me at 9243506427

Hope to see you soon.

"Lascia cuoco Italiano" ( Let's cook Italian)

No comments: