Thursday, March 24, 2011

Chronicles of cooking- Part 2


One of my fondest memories from my childhood is waiting for mom to come back from work on every morning shift she did. This was because she got a lunch pack from her hospital. Each nurse was entitled to get one pack but mom always managed to get three for me and my siblings. This lunch pack was a treasure of tidbits. It always had a packet of juice, sndwich, pastry and a fruit. Some days we had lunch waiting for mom to come back but that never stopped us from relishing the lunch pack( No wonder we all gained those extra pounds).

I don't remember my mom ever eating anything from these lunch packs especially when we had three of them. She just loved to watch us beam with joy , taste these stuff, perhaps barter with each other what we didnt want and fight for goodies.

One of the sandwiches that often visited us home in these lunch packs was the brinjal-potato sandwich. We never loved brinjals back home but this sandwich happened to be one of my favourite. I don't remember mom making it at home, neither had I tried it in my kitchen ever until nostalgia made me brave to try it last week. So I rummaged my brain and scooped up this recipe.


Ingredients

Bread slices- as required
Potato- 1 thinly sliced
Brinjal/Aubergines- 1 thinly sliced
Mayonnaise- 2 spoons
Mustard sauce- 1 spoon
oil- for frying
salt





Procedure

Slice the brinjals and potatoes
and sprinkle salt and keep them aside for 15 minutes. Now fry these in a pan. Now mix mayonnaise and mustard sauce in a bowl. Apply this sauce to bread slices. Fill the bread with the fried brinjals and potatoes and grill the sandwich.

Watch out for the posts in future got some interesting pickles coming up.

1 comment:

C'ROCKER said...

Looks Yummy... Shall try... :)
Thanks